The African Investment Day DE is the first event exclusively panelled by experts from the continent and dedicated to open and develop strong trade and investment ties, open doors into francophone Africa and a proactive approach by the panellists to further promote Africa and its investment opportunities.
This event took place on 29 November 2018 in Erkrath, Düsseldorf in Germany. The event saw the attendance of key players in the German investment scene matched with leading experts from in the African investments advisory scene.
African experts constituted five panels which unpacked various topics:
– Finance & Technologies Africa
– African Litigation & How to de-risk business
– West, Central & Eastern African Business landscape: Insight scoop & analyses
– Entrance Strategies & Concrete Solutions | Africa ready for Business
– Mittelstand & Africa business development
Among the panelists were experts from various industries and geographical regions of Africa. They included:
- Robert Butschen, Executive International Business Division
Dusseldorf Chamber of industry and Commerce (IHK)
- Kingsly Kwalar, Founder, Stilfresh Ltd, Germany/Africa
- Christelle Kupa, CEO, Uhusiano Capital,Uk, Africa, Congo DRC
- Janvier Regis Habimana, Co Founder, Convergium Ltd.,Rwanda
- Estifanos Samuel, CEO, Ethiopia Invest, Eastern African countries
- Jean Claude Konan, CEO & Founder, OSA Advisory, Ivory Coast/Francophone Africa
- Clement Klutse, CEO, Klutse Management Consulting GmbH, Togo/Francophone Africa
- Serge Esso, CEO, Glenco Advisory, Cameroon/Francophone Africa
- Brice Beumo, Managing Director, Eaglestone Group,Francophone Africa
- Bizi Bejela, CEO, Legal Plus Plus,Nigeria
- Julius Nkafu, Barrister, FCIArb, UK/Cameroon Bar
- Gaimin Nonyane, Head of Research, Ecobank
- Jocelyn Ngassa, Projects Director, CFEII Group
- Marc Zander, CEO, africon GmbH
- Samuel Awasum, Member, Lions Club Germany
- Grace Camara, Executive Director, Remit Fund, Africa/Europe
Doing business in Africa is never easy. While many speakers acknowledged the challenges involved, it was commonly accepted that the returns are there – you just need to know where and how to find them. Estifanos Samuel of Ethiopia invest drew attention to the strides that are being made across Ethiopia, Sudan and Somalia. He heralded the peace processes currently underway inspired by the new leadership.
Marc Zander, CEO, africon GmbH moderated the fourth panel. He highlighted the value creation opportunities which lie within produce transformation in Africa. Citing the case of maggi cubes which are consumed in Nigeria per day, he drew attention to the business opportunity in packaging the cubes. He called on investors to look beyond the obvious.
The conference was a resounding success. Clement Klutse, CEO, Klutse Management Consulting GmbH and member of German political party, CDU Nord will be assisting Mirabell Mayack of Le Petit Events in putting together #AfricanInvestmentDayDE2019 in Hamburg