Why work at StilFresh?
What growth path do you have for me as a junior staff?
The beauty of small and ambitious companies is that as a new hire, you are assigned meaningful work from day one. You will be involved in key decision making processes and will learn the business quickly.
How well will I be paid and what other benefits will I have?
We are definitely not the best paying company in the country. However, we have very competitive pay scales and we ensure that you get a great work-life balance. We are a forward-looking company with flexible working arrangements. Our bonus policy is modelled on that of a reputable company in the UK which ensures every staff feels real ownership of our collective success.
Are you hiring?
Glad you asked! We are always on a lookout for quality talent on the continent. So if you feel connected to any of the things we stand for, we will like to hear from you. Send a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Claims Handler
Open position: Junior Claims Handler
StilFresh is a company committed to take part in the changing narrative of Africa which has been considered all along as the dark continent by providing International Standard Recovery Services across all regions of the continent. To achieve this, we promise to train, employ and retain African Talents. StilFresh is best placed to cater for Marine Claims needs.
Responsibilities of a Junior Claims Handler
- Liaising with customer and advising them on any issues that arise
- Preparing proper documentation to file a claim
- Entering claim documentation into the system: Opening a new case on the company database.
- Constantly sending updates to clients on the status / progress of their cases
- Ensure all documentations are available on time.
- Verifying insurance coverage (type of contract)
- Working with risk analysts, brokers and underwriters.
- Ensuring a fair settlement and good customer service for the client.
- Be conversant with the relevant laws and provisions guiding Marine, Air, Land, Cargo transport and rules in the industry.
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
- Ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and service standards of the company.
- Be able to identify and investigate potentially fraudulent claims.
Skills Set for A Junior Claims Handler
- An analytical mind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially in English Language. Any other Language is a plus.
- Attention to details and numerical skills
- A self with self-discipline to work independently
- Be able to adapt and adhere to the laid down processes and foster company culture.
- Good decision maker, effective under pressure with focus to meet deadlines
- Good at absorbing and processing large amounts of technical information
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Package especially Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good negotiator
- Ability to use own initiative and still work in a team
- A graduate in BSc - Logistics and Transport or Law, or a degree in Maritime transport, Insurance and any related field.
- Not much experience required.
- Proven Knowledge of Computer - Microsoft Office and Internet.
Interested Candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Note*: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.